Extending Residential Treatment
60 to 120-Day Residential Extended Care Program (REC) at CeDAR is for people who have completed an approved Residential Treatment program, and seek to continue their recovery in a structured environment. REC is a unique opportunity to have an in-patient living environment that allows for people to transition back to their lives.
CeDAR’s REC Program includes activities and therapies that continue the Residential Treatment experience. We want to help make the terms "recovery" and "life" interchangeable for all participants. Our comprehensive extended care program includes:
- Management of medically-assisted treatment
- Gender-specific residential facilities and curriculum
- Both off-site and on-site support groups including 12-step, SMART, and other specialized mutual-aid groups
- Process addictions recovery
- Trauma awareness
- Coping skills development
- Mindfulness meditation training
- Weekend passes for off-campus activities
- Recovery-based recreation and experiential learning with Phoenix Multisport
- Professionals support meetings, including Caduceus meetings, for healthcare and other professionals dealing with addiction issues.
- Extended drug and alcohol addiction counseling
Residential Extended Care helps:
- Individuals enrolled in a professional monitoring program (PHP, Peer Assistance, Lawyer's Assistance, Pilots and Clergy)
- Individuals requiring Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)
- Medically and psychiatrically stable patients
- Motivated patients who participate in treatment on a voluntary basis
We require a minimum 60-day stay in our Residential Extended Care program following completion of an approved residential rehab program. When clinically appropriate, participants can remain in extended care at CeDAR for up to 180 days.