Research indicates that those who spend more time in treatment have improved outcomes. Our Residential Extended Care Program, (REC) is a structured, intensive program that builds on the foundation of your primary residential addiction treatment experience to promote lasting recovery and a lifetime of health and happiness.
Residential Extended Care Addiction Recovery Services
CeDAR’s REC Program includes activities and therapies with an integrated approach to addiction rehab that focuses on a successful transition to life outside the treatment setting. Our goal is to make the terms "recovery" and "life" interchangeable for all participants.
Our comprehensive program includes:
- Psychiatric management
- Gender-specific residential program and curriculum
- Five 12-step groups per week
- Step study class
- Process addictions recovery
- Trauma awareness
- Coping skills development
- Mindfulness meditation training
- Weekend recovery-based recreation and experiential learning with Phoenix Multisport, a supportive, physically active community
- CeDAR also offers specific extended care programs, including Caduceus meetings, for healthcare and other professionals dealing with addiction issues.
- Extended Drug & Alcohol Addiction Counseling
- Extended addiction recovery eligibility requirements
REC is specially designed for:
- Individuals enrolled in a professional monitoring program (PHP, Peer Assistance, Lawyer's Assistance, Pilots and Clergy)
- Individuals with co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders
- Individuals requiring medication assisted treatment
- Medically and psychiatrically stable patients
- Motivated patients who participate in treatment on a voluntary basis
We require a minimum 60-day stay in our Residential Extended Care program following completion of an approved primary-care addiction rehab program. When clinically appropriate, participants can remain in REC up to 180 days.