If you are looking for the right alcohol rehab center in Aurora, CO, you have already made the first big step towards recovery—acknowledging that you need help. No one should have to struggle with addiction alone, and everyone deserves the best possible support and treatment to begin healing.
At CeDAR, our alcohol rehab program provides cutting-edge, evidence-based therapies that guide people struggling with alcohol use disorder (AUD) onto the path of healing. Learn why CeDAR may be the right alcohol rehab center for you by calling 720.848.3000 or filling out our online form. We can answer all your questions and put your mind at ease. Help is available, and you are not alone.
Warning Signs That You May Have AUD
Alcohol use has been a constant in human civilization since its dawning when the first plant matter was fermented. Today alcohol use and even alcohol abuse are normalized by the media, while addiction and seeking help for it are stigmatized. However, seeking help to overcome AUD is often the most intelligent and life-affirming choice you can make.
If you answer “Yes” to most of the questions below or recognize yourself or someone you love in them, looking for the right alcohol rehab center is the best thing you can be doing. Here are the questions you need to ask:
- Does drinking always mean becoming intoxicated?
- Are you drinking at inappropriate times—such as before going to work or school, in classes or the office, behind the wheel, or while caring for children?
- Do your relationships seem to be floundering as a result of your drinking?
- Are you choosing to stay home so you can drink more than you would in public?
- Has your friend group shifted, so you spend time with others who drink heavily?
- Do you hide empty bottles or cans to dispose of them secretly, or do you notice that your recycling bin is primarily full of empties?
- Have you missed even one day of work or school due to drinking, either because you were hungover or drinking at home?
- Do you drink to feel better when hungover, or do you feel cravings when you have not had a drink in a while?
- Has your alcohol budget exploded?
- Have you found yourself lying about your drinking to friends who show concern?
Answering yes to even a few of the above is a red flag. You should get help at an alcohol rehab center in Aurora, CO.
What to Expect in an Alcohol Rehab Center
The goal of an alcohol rehab center is to support people in their recovery through professional treatment, peer support, and—in some cases—medication-assisted treatment. Best practices indicate some basics you can look for in an alcohol rehab program. Some of the elements you should consider are the following:
- An individualized treatment plan – Based on your medical, addiction, and mental health history, risk factors, and goals, a treatment team will personalize a plan for your rehab experience for your long-term recovery and overall well-being and health.
- Educational opportunities – Learning about your alcohol use disorder is necessary to have self-awareness and self-empathy so you can successfully leave drinking behind. You will learn how alcohol affects your brain and body, coping skills for avoiding triggers that might lead to relapse, and life skills for post-rehab, including how to repair the damage to relationships and careers, for example.
- Peer support – The support of peers on the same journey has been proven again and again to be a powerful force for lasting recovery. With peers, you share stories, find mutual understanding and accountability, and develop lasting relationships that will likely go with you after discharge as you continue your recovery.
- Coordinated care – Your daily schedule is devised to provide you with the therapies and treatments, support opportunities, and specific approaches to your recovery that work for you and follow best practices. All aspects of your treatment are coordinated and overseen by your treatment team, from individual therapy to family and group therapy.
- Aftercare – Once you are discharged, aftercare ensures that your alcohol rehab center continues to follow up with you as you transition to life after addiction treatment. Your aftercare may include ongoing therapy, continued peer support meetings, or sober social events and activities.
Your health and wellness are the ultimate goals. Finding sobriety, balance, and a healthy path to the future in an alcohol addiction treatment center is what CeDAR wants for you.
Consider CeDAR’s Alcohol Rehab Center in Aurora, CO
If you’re considering alcohol rehab, look no further than CeDAR in Aurora, CO. Reach out today to learn about our many evidence-based treatments. Your recovery is our goal. Let us answer your questions. Just fill out this online form or call us at 720.848.3000.