It can be incredibly challenging to stop using drugs or alcohol, especially if they have been using these substances for a long time. For many people, even reaching out for help already takes great willpower and effort. This should be no surprise, as substance use disorders can change how the brain’s reward systems work. Breaking free from addiction to drugs or alcohol is often a lifelong goal. That’s why it’s so important to choose the right treatment program.
A wide array of addiction treatment programs are available at treatment facilities throughout America. It can be intimidating to try and choose one, as the choice can greatly impact a person’s chances of successful recovery. At CeDAR, we understand that stress and uncertainty can be involved in taking your first steps toward sober living. This is why we have our experts standing by to guide you through the process before you commit to enrolling in any of our programs. You can call us at 720.848.3000 to learn more about our offer. As Colorado’s #1 Addiction Treatment Center in 2021, according to Newsweek, we know we’ll be able to help.
What to Look For in a Treatment Program for Addiction
If you’re ready to start your recovery journey, searching for an addiction treatment program online is often not enough to determine whether the program is a good fit. You should be ready to contact the treatment facility and ask questions so that you’re sure that they can address your needs.
Some examples of things to look for in a potential treatment program include:
- How quickly you can get treatment – having to wait days or even weeks before you enter a program may be risky if you need immediate care
- Does the program have an initial assessment – treatment programs that employ a one-size-fits-all approach will have a lower success rate in treating addiction
- What kind of evidence-based therapies are used – proven, effective therapies should form the basis of any addiction treatment program
- Can the program also treat mental health conditions – mental health disorders frequently accompany substance use disorders, and treating both is necessary for recovery
- Are there provisions for physical fitness – those who struggle with substance use often are at a low point of physical health and need ways to exercise and increase their fitness
- What types of medications can they prescribe for addiction – evidence-based medications for addiction can be vital to preventing relapse
- Is there a support system after the treatment program is over – a robust support network and alumni system can motivate you to stay on the road to recovery
All of these factors come together to form a comprehensive treatment program that can treat each patient as a whole person, not just a collection of symptoms.
What to Expect During Addiction Treatment at CeDAR
We believe that CeDAR is the best option for those looking for an addiction treatment program. At CeDAR, each program starts with a comprehensive assessment to determine the level of care each patient requires. Based on the multidisciplinary assessment process, the patient and their care team will work together to create the goals for the treatment. All of CeDAR’s programs include:
- Group therapy
- One-on-one therapy
- Family therapy
- Case management
- Sobriety monitoring
- MAT (Medication Assisted Therapy)
- Medication management
Since each program is personalized to the patient’s needs, other therapies and treatment modalities may also be employed. Patients can enjoy a relaxed, campus-like atmosphere and a supportive environment. This is along with the fitness and spiritual center so that all of a patient’s needs can be fulfilled.
Start Addiction Treatment at CeDAR
If you or someone you care about is looking for a complete, customizable addiction treatment program, look no further than CeDAR. We’re ready to help you on your way to sobriety. For more details, please contact us at 720.848.3000, and we’d be more than happy to walk you through our programs.