Where do you go to find a partial hospitalization program in Aurora, CO? The answer to that question is CeDAR. Our experienced and knowledgeable staff provides cutting-edge, evidence-based therapies in outpatient and inpatient programs. Our partial hospitalization program (PHP) offers a high level of care while allowing you to live at home. A PHP is the best option for anyone who needs intensive addiction rehab but does not want inpatient rehab.
Learn more about our Aurora partial hospitalization program by contacting us today. Speak to one of our caring and compassionate staff members to have your questions answered and discover the many benefits of a partial hospitalization program. Call 720.848.3000 today.
What Is a Partial Hospital Hospitalization Program?
A PHP offers the highest level of care you can receive while still living at home. During your time in the program, you receive comprehensive, evidence-based therapeutic services and medical oversight, including access to peer support while going home at night to sleep in your own bed.
As the name implies, the number of hours you will commit to a PHP will be the highest of all the outpatient addiction treatment options available. The typical time commitment is about 30 per week—about six hours per day, five days a week. Some partial hospitalization programs offer early morning, evening, and weekend hours. Regardless of how your PHP schedule looks, you will have less time to spend on work and school responsibilities than you would in other less intensive outpatient programs.
When enrolled in a PHP, many people find that the highly scheduled time necessary helps them focus on their rehab and releases some of the anxiety they have about what might happen during unscheduled hours. Once your recovery is well underway, you will have developed skills and habits that help you cope with un-programmed time without using.
What to Expect in a PHP
After a comprehensive intake, during which one or more staff will review your medical, psychiatric, and addiction history and develop an individualized treatment plan, you will begin your PHP. Some components of your PHP could include the following:
- Individual therapy – In a safe environment with a highly trained and compassionate clinician, you can work through trauma, practice relationship skills, uncover any underlying self-sabotaging beliefs, learn how to be compassionate toward yourself, and much more.
- Group therapy – Under a therapist’s guidance, group members who are on the same path can learn from and support each other, share experiences in a non-judgmental and safe setting, and practice communication skills.
- Family counseling – This is a form of group therapy when the group comprises close family members who love you and are also profoundly affected by your addiction. In seeking to help you and your family heal, this form of therapy is highly effective. It develops compassion and communication skills and offers you and your loved ones a chance to be vulnerable and honest and learn to trust one another again.
- Sober life skills – You will learn and practice the day-to-day abilities you’ll need to navigate a sober life and avoid relapse. These practical elements of your partial hospitalization program provide anchors that keep you secure once you are discharged.
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) – If applicable in your situation, a psychiatrist may start you on medication to curb your cravings and reduce your risk of relapse. Approved for alcohol and opioid use disorders, MAT can be an essential pillar of recovery within a partial hospitalization program.
- Dual diagnosis treatment – A PHP offers a high enough level of care that, in many cases, those with a mental health disorder and substance use disorder can receive dual diagnosis treatment. Addressing co-occurring conditions in a coordinated therapeutic approach offers the best chance for positive long-term outcomes.
A partial hospitalization program can provide wrap-around care that sets you up for success in your recovery.
Learn More About the Aurora Partial Hospitalization Program at CeDAR
There is no better place to find a PHP than at CeDAR in Aurora, CO. CeDAR meets your mental, psychological, and physical health needs as you enter recovery. Learn more about our partial hospitalization program and any other outpatient or inpatient program you may consider. We look forward to speaking with you. Call 720.848.3000 to connect to one of our staff today.